Happy New Year: Beading Resolutions (1/2/2012)
Happy New Years from Guide to Beadwork! This is the time of year we all make our resolutions – why not make them Beading Resolutions. It will be so much easier to accomplish than losing weight, exercising or some other boring resolution you know won’t last through January.
- Resolve to pick up a stitching project BEFORE opening the pint of Ben and Jerry’s.
- Or chocolate or cookies…
- Resolve to give back more.
- Donate jewelry to a charity, teach kids basic jewelry stringing, teach your friends how to bead…
- Resolve to organize the studio 1/2 hour a day 3 days a week.
It’s too hard to tackle it all at once – working for a short time or cleaning up one section makes it easier…
- Resolve to declutter jewelry making/crafting magazines and books.
Swap magazines and books you don’t need anymore with your beading friends…
- Resolve to hook up with peeps regularly.
- Get together with your bead friends on a regular basis…
- Resolve to multi-task when sitting in front of the TV.
- You’re just sitting there anyway – get a project in your lap…
- Resolve to take care of UFOs (Un Finished Objects).
- Once a month or once a week tackle some of those unfinished project…
- Resolve to explore a new color palette this year.
- Stuck in a color rut? Resolve to try new colors this year…
- Learn a new technique.
- Try a new stitch or a new medium…
- Resolve to remember NO is a complete sentence.
- Don’t commit to doing so much for others that you don’t have time for yourself – to bead!
- It’s Almost 2012 – Are You Ready for an Earring Making Challenge? (beadingdaily.com)
- Escape the Dark Metallic Iris Trap (colorforbeadartists.com)
- 12 Artist Resolutions to Steal for 2012 (artbizblog.com)
- Make Bracelets Your Thing in 2012 (beadingdaily.com)
- What’s Your Favorite Bead for Jewelry-Making? (beadingdaily.com)
- Learning How to Bead: How to Set Up Your Beading Area (beadingdaily.com)
- Challenge Yourself for the New Year with Variations on Tubular Herringbone Stitch (beadingdaily.com)
- Happy New Year: Exclusive FusionBeads.com Coupon! (vintaj.com)