How to Use French Wire or Bullion (2/20/2011)
HOW TO USE FRENCH WIRE OR BULLION
French Wire (buillon) is a hollow, patterned coil of wire that passes between your wire and bead. It’s used to give a finished look to a piece, and to protect your string from abrasion at the clasp. It is very easy to use.
- Cut a piece of French Wire approximately 1/2″ long for each end of your project.
- Place the piece of French wire on your stringing material, taking care that exposed threads do not catch on or between the coils of the French Wire.
- Add your clasp to the French Wire-covered string.
- Pass the thread back through the last bead added to the project and knot it tightly, making sure that you have pulled the thread tight and compressed the coils of the French Wire. Add a drop of glue.
- Repeat on the other side of the project.
Share and Enjoy
No products found.